Happy Friday! We made it to the end of the week! Today I worked out with my friend Marissa whose great fitness blog I have shared with you on her before! She was telling me someone asked her today if she was going to happy hour and her answer was great! She said "yes, I'm going to happy hour at the gym!" I love it…that is definitely a fitness girls response!
Todays workout was a little bit of a mash up we but got a great sweat in!
-Elevated reverse lunge (We placed two 45 pound plates on the ground in the squat rack and started with the Olympic bar with no added weight. Then we did a pyramid which means 16 lunges or 8 on each leg at 45 pounds, 14 lunges at 65 pounds, 12 lunges at 75 pounds, 10 lunges at 85 pounds)
-Ab circuit repeat 3 times
1. 10 second plank
2. 10 shoulder taps in plank
3. 10 mount climber or elbow to outside of knee in plank
4. 10 ball roll in with large exercise ball
5. 10 large exercise ball exchanges. (Start with ball in between feet, then meet halfway and transfer ball to hands, tap ball on ground above head and feet lower to a few inches off ground.)
6. 10 russian twists with 15 pound weight
7. 10 scissor kicks while trying to keep back off floor as high as possible
-Treadmill and squat circuit repeat 5 times.
Run 400 meters or .25 distance on treadmill at speed 9. Then jump off and perform 25 bodyweight squats. Repeat this 4 more times.