Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wed. "set some goals and then demolish them"

So I survived the blizzard and the polar vortex but -29 is no joke! Sorry this post is a little late in the day but hopefully someone can use it for a night gym session ( which by the way is one of my favorite times to workout! The gym is less crowded and I can work off the stress of the day while taking time for myself listening to my favorite music and getting healthy!) 

Workout: Back/ Bi

Complete 4 rounds of the supersets with 10 burpees between each set so as many burpees as yesterday...who secretly loves them now ;) 

Superset 1:
-Wide grip pull ups 4 x 8 (use the pull up assistance machine if need be…no shame here I use it for wide grip)
-Lat pull downs 4 x 12

Superset 2:
-Seated cable row 4 x 12
-Cable bicep curl 4 x 12

Superset 3:
-Bent over row 4 x 8
-Good mornings with bar 4 x 12

Superset 4:
-Ez bar curl 4 x 12
-Alternating seated dumbbell curl 4 x 12

Cardio:
Perform 30-45 minutes of steady state cardio for example jog at 6-6.5 mph on the treadmill, level 9-10 on the step mill or try out rowing! Switch it up and keep it fun! 

Your back and biceps should be toast after this! I leave the gym after this day feeling like the hulk with my muscles pumped! The beautiful thing about girls lifting weights is that we will not get bulky or look like men instead we will speed up our metabolism and sculpt toned lean bodies!!! I am all about the iron! 

I was going to post my body weight and fat stats the other day but did not get the opportunity to get it measured with the blizzard so when I do I will post them along with some progress pictures (eek I'm scared to see my bikini bod right now with all those xmas cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment