Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Back workout "know your limitations and then defy them"

Hey!
So sticking to a meal plan when I'm making candied coated almonds for Valentines Day is not an easy thing to do! The one aspect of competing in bikini competitions that I love and hate is the mental strength that is required. Even though standing on a stage in a bikini might not seem hard to prep for, it is mentally and physically demanding. It requires a lot of will power to get to the gym and follow a meal plan day in and day out. My house is filled right now with 3 of my most favorite treats (a fresh jar of peanut butter, honey twist pretzels, and chocolate) and I would be lying if I said I had no picked up each of these treats and thought about devouring them! It is important for me to keep in mind what my goals are and my eye on the prize! I am constantly asking myself will this action (eating pb or cookies) help me towards achieving my goal or push me farther from it? 

Workout: Back

Superset 1:
-Seated row (65 lb)
-Single arm bent over dumbbell row (30 lb)
-10 Burpees

Superset 2:
-Lat pull down (55,65,75,85 lb) keep increasing the weight and decreasing your reps
-Reverse grip lat pulldown (55 lb)
-20 pop squats

Superset 3:
-Straight arm pulldown with straight bar (25-30 lbs)
-Single arm seated row (25 lb) (on the rowing motion when arm is pulled back perform a pulsing motion twice before switching arms)
-20 jump squats

Superset 4:
-Seated back row machine (25 lb on each side)
-Bent over row with bar (40 lb)
-20 pop squats 

Finish off this workout with
-10 push up jumping into a reverse close grip pull up (on your lest rep try to come down out of pull up in a slow 10 count)

Cardio:
-40 minutes of steady state cardio 

Bad quality pic but back progress 

Food prep is key

No comments:

Post a Comment