Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Back Workout "small changes can make a big difference"

Hey!
So yesterdays workout was a 45 minute fasted morning cardio session… me vs. the stairmill! There are differing opinions on fasted cardio, but in my case I enjoy it! All i need is a little coffee in my veins and I am ready to go! I know that waking up at between 4-6 am is not always the easiest thing to do, but honestly the days I do I never regret it! I love knowing while the rest of the world is sleeping, I am  working towards my goals sweating it out before the sun rises! In other exciting news, I plan on bedazzling my suit with Swarovski crystals (which might seem a little crazy considering my most advanced art class was ceramics back in high school)! Fingers crossed I learn how to use this bedazzler correctly and it looks great! Ill post pictures of my suits progress once I start! 

Now today's workout was back and bike sprints! An important point to remember is to always listen to your body! The last few days my knees have been bothering me, so instead of further aggravating them its important to choose exercises that are lower impact on them (bike sprints, elliptical, or swimming for example). 

Workout: Back (repeat each superset 4 times through 12-15 reps)
Superset 1:
-Seated row (really concentrate on the pulling back motion and the muscle mind connection of contracting your shoulder blades) (55 lb) 
-Single arm bent over row with dumbbell (30 lb)
-20 pop squats

Superset 2:
-Straight bar pull down with cable (30-35 lb)
-Single arm seated row (pulse arm back on the row motion)
-10 burpees

Superset 3:
-Lat pull down
-Reverse grip lat pull down 
-20 jump squats

Superset 4:
-Low pulley row and squat combo
-Bent over row with 40 lb bar
-20 pop squats

Ended with:
-Pull up using assistance machine 

Cardio: Repeat 4 times through 
Bike sprints
30 second sprint at level 9, rest 30 seconds at level 4
30 second sprint at level 10, rest 30 seconds at level 4
30 second sprint at level 11, rest 30 seconds at level 4
30 second sprint at level 12, rest 30 seconds at level 4


After bike sprints my booty was on fire, so I decided to add in some sumo squats to really finish my legs off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment