Friday, February 7, 2014

Protein Waffles!

Hey!
So my usual morning oats and protein powder was starting to get really old really quick! I needed a change up and saw this recipe for protein waffles! At this point in my house I am known for ruining every protein treat I try to make! I was a little nervous to try them because I have probably wasted a whole tub of protein powder at this point, but the recipe was fool proof and easy! I also switched up the brand and type of protein I had been using and am very pleased! I was mainly using vegan protein powder before that only was available in two flavors, chocolate and vanilla. I was having whey protein envy when I saw pictures on Instagram of cake batter and peanut butter protein powders! Let me tell you Cellucor cor fetti cake batter, peanut butter marshmallow, and cinnamon swirl are one of the best things to happen to me this prep! 


Here is the recipe:

-1/2 cup gluten free oats (I blended mine up in my magic bullet)
-1 tbsp coconut flour 
-1 scoop cellucor cinnamon swirl protein powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
(Mix all dry ingredients together in bullet then add wet ingredients) 
-4 tbsp egg whites
-6 tbsp water

Spray your waffle iron with non stick spray and cook. I topped mine with cinnamon and sugar free syrup! 

Macro break down:
Calories- 353
Carb- 30 grams
Fat- 5 grams
Protein- 40 grams 





No comments:

Post a Comment