Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl Sunday

Hey!
Sorry I am posting this a day late, but I was so upset after the Broncos lost I couldn't write…I am kidding, but honestly what a blowout of a game! Truthfully yesterday was a very busy and weird day! I locked myself out of my own bedroom. You are probably thinking how is this possible? The answer: It is not possible unless it was done by me! At first it was sort of funny until I started to realize my clothes, phone charger, and comfy bed were in there! The solution to this little problem, get a ladder and climb through my second story window..sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and get the job  done! 

I did legs with Alicia who is doing a burpee challenge. If your up for the extra challenge and calorie burn add 10 burpees into 4 of the supersets so you end up doing 160 total! 

Workout: Legs (Repeat each superset 4 times, 10-12 reps of each exercise)
Superset 1:
-Shoulder width squats focusing on getting extra low or below parallel (Olympic bar with 25 lb on each side) 
-Straight leg deadlifts (Olympic bar with 10 lbs on each side)

Superset 2:
-Sumo squat (Olympic bar with 10 lb on each side)
-Hack squat (45 lb on each side)

Superset 3:
-Laying single leg hamstring curl (work up to 25 lb on each side)
-Standing V squat machine (facing forward)

Superset 4:
-Leg press plyo squat (using leg press machine perform a normal leg press but on the way up push foot plate so your feet are no longer on it, then have feet connect with foot plate again on the way down and end in normal position. Start with no added weight until you feel comfortable, then slowly start adding weight) 
-Reverse standing V squat machine (face opposite way, so face in towards neck and head pad. Focus on squeezing your booty on the way up)

Superset 5:
-Smith machine donkey kicks (5 or 10 lb on each side) Video in link!
-Side step up ( holding 25 lb plate in hands)

Superset 6:
-Cable kickback for booty (10 lbs)
-Curtsy or princess lunge( 50 lb bar on shoulders)

Cardio: Try switching it up and adding in side shuffles! 
-Side shuffle on the treadmill for 20 seconds then jog at 7 for a minute. Repeat as many times as you'd like! Video in link!

Video Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment