Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday "Your future is created by what you do today"

Hey!
So all I can say is flexible dieting is the best part of this prep! I have learned through prep that I have a tendency to way over estimate how much food I am cooking. I think a common epidemic today is that true portion sizes are unknown. When I measure out my vegetables and fish, I am not going to lie sometimes I am disappointed by the small amount it seems to be, but its only because when we go out to eat we are given gigantic portions! Moderation is key in life and learning how to control portion sizes is what helps allow one to make the lifestyle changes necessary! (notice I did not say diet because a diet is temporary, and we are making long lasting lifestyle changes) The key to portion control is measuring/weighing, and eventually you will be able to eyeball the right amounts!

Workout: Upper body
Superset 1:
-Seated Arnold press
-Seated alternating bicep curl
-20 pop squats

Superset 2:
-Lateral raise using cable
-Alternating dumbbell hammer curls
-50 mountain climbers

Superset 3:
-Preacher curl with Ez bar
-Skull crusher with Ez bar on bench
-10 burpees

Superset 4:
-Reverse curl with Ez bar
-Overhead single arm dumbbell tri extension
-15 jump squats

Superset 5:
-Tri rope pulldown
-Rope bicep curl
-12 switch jump lunges

Cardio: I feel like this is important to mention that when doing HIIT it is crucial to really push yourself on the 30 second sprint! I am talking all out 100% sprint like your peddling for your life speed! These only take 12-15 minutes to complete so try your best to remain at high intensity!
Bike Sprints (I know I have been doing these a lot lately, but I love the burn!)

Sprint 30 seconds on, 30 second rest at level 9, 10, 11, 12. Repeat 3-4 times!


Progress Pics


No comments:

Post a Comment