Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Monday "Do things with passion or not at all"

Hey!
It is the start of peak week, which the means the competition is right around the corner! I know I am going to sound a little crazy, but I actually enjoy this prep! I am trying new recipes and really learning to experiment with food! I used to just eat veggie burgers and rice cakes with peanut butter because it took no effort and tasted good enough, but boy was I missing out! How did I not know of making fish lettuce wraps, protein cakes, or roasting various veggies!

My latest kick is tilapia lettuce wraps! I eat 3 tilapia fillets a day and just seasoning them can get old…so I decided why not try a healthy version of fish tacos. I use romaine lettuce as my taco shell and season my fish with fiesta lime seasoning. Then add extra lettuce, lime juice, and fresh cilantro (omg I'm addicted to cilantro)! My other favorite recipe Ive been making is protein cake in the oven (recipe below).

Preheat oven to 375
Mix together
-1 egg white
-1 scoop protein powder (I use Cellucor corfetti cake batter)
-1 tbsp coconut flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 packet stevia
-1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Bake at 375 for 14-16 minutes in the oven! I use a ceramic dish and spray with nonstick spray. I think the texture of the cake in the oven is much better than in the microwave. Top with whatever youd like peanut butter, sprinkles, etc. I use a little more protein powder mixed with almond milk as my frosting…yum!
Macro breakdown:
Cal-198
Fat-3 g
Protein-30 g
Carb-10 g
Fiber-4 g
Protein cake without frosting





No comments:

Post a Comment