Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday "Make today COUNT"

Hey!!
Happy Tuesday! So 17 days out from my second show and never felt better! I am doing this prep by myself with no nutritionist or trainer, just great knowledgeable people in my life who have given advice and guidance. At the start of prep I was following a meal plan I had purchased last year for my first show (don't get me wrong it worked, I looked the part last year), but was feeling fatigued and deprived this time around! I know that during prep I am not going to be indulging in peanut butter and cake, but I couldn't handle my previous plan that consisted of protein powder, rice cakes, oats, fish and 3 oz of broccoli. I do not eat typical "bodybuilding foods" such as eggs or chicken, but knew I had to switch for my own mental and physical health. I am currently doing "flexible dieting" or "iifym- if it fits your macros" for my plan. I was not very knowledgeable about this type of eating or how it worked before, but it is the best thing that could have happened in this prep! I know my macro numbers (carbs, fat, protein, cals) that I need to reach each day, and eat foods that help me achieve the perfect ratio! So instead of rice cakes which have almost no nutritional value except carbohydrates, I am now eating a variety of foods and not feeling deprived and most importantly have energy! I will write more about flexible dieting and my meal plan in upcoming posts! 

Workout 1: Morning Cardio
Cardio:
15 incline sprints on treadmill (sprint 30 seconds, rest 30-60 seconds)
5 sprints at 5% incline -speed 11
10 sprints at 15% incline- speed 10

20 minutes on stepmill (I used the preset workouts today tried calorie burner at moderate hard level)

Keeping my eye on the prize! Improve yourself, don't compare yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment