Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday "You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough"

Hey!
So today makes me 10 days out from my first show of the season! Everything seems to be on track…I got my crystals in the mail, tanning and hair appointments booked! I am not really nervous because there is not much to be nervous about win or lose I'm in better shape and eating healthier than ever before..so win either way or maybe its  because I am listening to Bob Marley as I type this! (Plus it is important to not take everything so seriously, if you know you have been putting the work in at the gym and in the kitchen then no regrets!) During this prep I have realized why I like this sport and it is not just for the fact that I am competitive, but it really shows you how good your body can feel. I am feeling better from fueling my body with whole foods (veggies and fish) and drinking the proper amount of water (which I never used to do)! My best tip for drinking enough water is drink a bottle in the morning along with your coffee or tea and I always drink 2 more bottles right before bed. I also keep a gallon in the fridge and make sure by the end of the night it is gone! 

Workout: Chest/ Pyramid circuit (Complete each exercise 10-15 rep x 4 rounds)
Superset 1:
-Cable chest fly (set cable around chest level)
-Dumbbell push up into a row

Superset 2:
-Cable chest fly (set cable above eye level) 
-Chest press on bench with dumbbells

Superset 3:
-Cable chest fly (set cable on lowest level)
-Push up with feet on bench

Pyramid Circuit (box jump into burpee then 20 lb ketllebell swing)
1 box jump/burpee, 1 kettlebell swing
2 box jump/burpee, 2 kettlebell swing
3 box jump/burpee, 3 kettlebell swing
4 box jump/burpee, 4 kettlebell swing
5 box jump/burpee, 5 kettlebell swing
6 box jump/burpee, 6 kettlebell swing
7 box jump/burpee, 7 kettlebell swing
8 box jump/burpee, 8 kettlebell swing
9 box jump/burpee, 9 kettlebell swing
10 box jump/burpee, 10 kettlebell swing
back down the pyramid 
10 box jump/burpee, 10 kettlebell swing
9 box jump/burpee, 9 kettlebell swing
8 box jump/burpee, 8 kettlebell swing
7 box jump/burpee, 7 kettlebell swing
6 box jump/burpee, 6 kettlebell swing
5 box jump/burpee, 5 kettlebell swing
4 box jump/burpee, 4 kettlebell swing
3 box jump/burpee, 3 kettlebell swing
2 box jump/burpee, 2 kettlebell swing
1 box jump/burpee, 1 kettlebell swing

Sorry but for your eyes own good I am headless was a sweaty mess from the gym

Monkey bread muffins I made for my family! How good do they look?!

No comments:

Post a Comment