Saturday, May 31, 2014

Obstacles are put in our way to see if what we want is worth fighting for

Hey Guys!
I am back and will start posting workouts and or recipes regularly. Sorry for not posting for a while, I was dealing with some health problems and have recently found out I have mono. Mono has most definitely thrown me a curve ball with my workout schedule along with almost every other schedule I have. I am on my 4th week off from the gym and just got told I need to take 3 more weeks off of work. I had envisioned my summer filled with awesome outdoor hardcore workouts, but things happen in life we cant control. Honestly, I was and am pretty bummed about having mono because I feel like I am taking a major step backwards with regards to my lifting progress, but I have to keep in mind my doctors thought it was something much worse, so mono is a blessing in disguise. It is important to remember that life will constantly be throwing us curve balls and our job is not to try to avoid them, but learn to adjust and live the best way possible with them. 

I have a protein muffin recipe to post today! 

1 cup oat flour (can make yourself by blending up regular oats)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbs protein powder
1/3 cup stevia or truvia baking sweetener
2 egg whites
1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (either plain or vanilla)
1/2 cup blueberries

Pre heat oven to 375. 
Mix dry ingredients separate from wet.
Combine and mix well getting a smooth consistency.
Fold in blueberries to avoid smashing them.
Spray cupcake pan.
Cook for 15-17 minutes, a toothpick should come out clean.
Makes 6 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment